Sunday, January 12, 2014

Vince Rongione for State Rep

A fiend from the Carney campaigns sent me a release announcing his bid for state rep. It's  out of the area that I cover but I appreciate that Vince remembers me unlike some other people.

His press release:




RONGIONE LAUNCHES BID RAISING OVER $20,000 IN ONE WEEK


DREXEL HILL - Today, attorney Vince Rongione announced he will run for State Representative, challenging incumbent Nick Micozzie for House District 163, which represents Drexel Hill, Clifton Heights, Havertown and Aldan.

“I learned early in life that public service is a privilege. My grandfather moved our family to Upper Darby after returning home from WWII and I am very fortunate to have grown up in Havertown and to live in Drexel Hill. Now is the right time for me to give back and serve the communities that have given me so much.”

Rongione is the son of two teachers and the product of local public schools. He graduated from Haverford High and went on to attend Villanova University and the Villanova School of Law. After working for a few years as an attorney, Rongione joined Admiral Joe Sestak’s first run for Congress, where he worked his way up to Deputy Campaign Manager for Finance. Since that time, Rongione has worked for State Representative Bryan Lentz and served on Capitol Hill as Communications Director to Congressman Chris Carney, where he worked on the groundbreaking Wall Street reform legislation following the financial crisis and legislation to help families stay in their homes after the mortgage crisis.

“It is time for new energy and new ideas to help our neighborhoods thrive. I am running because I believe so strongly in the neighborhoods where I grew up. We need better schools that turn out more prepared workers into an environment where there are more and better jobs. We are going to build a community-focused grassroots campaign that will always put the people of Clifton Heights, Drexel Hill, Havertown, and Aldan first.”

Rongione is known as an intensely hard worker and a tenacious fundraiser. His campaign committee, “Vote Vince PA”, has raised over $20,000 in one week. The Rongione campaign can be found online at www.votevincepa.com.

“I’m energized by our strong start and humbled by the outpouring of support that I have already received from the community but I also know we have a lot of work ahead of us--a lot of organizing, volunteering, and door knocking. I know what it is going to take, and I plan to work hard everyday to earn the trust, respect and support of every voter.”

Vince Rongione currently works at Villanova University as Director of Major Giving for the College of Nursing. He lives in Drexel Hill and is engaged to be married later this year. Rongione’s father, Nick, is a graduate of Monsignor Bonner and was elected to three terms on the Haverford Township School Board including two as President.

No comments: