Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Yard signs


Mrs. G has been bugging me to get some Hillary yard signs to display because some of our neighbors have Trump signs but we haven't seen any Clinton/Kaine signs . So being a dutiful husband I dropped by the Hillary HQ in Wilkes-Barre today to pick up a few. I explained that we are being outnumbered in Plains and and a young person helpfully explained that yard signs don't vote. Gee, I didn't know that. So they asked me if I would be willing to help out and I said OK. Then I was asked to do some canvassing every weekend until the election but I couldn't commit to that. I was told if  I would commit to a couple of shifts they would allow me to have 2 signs. When I objected to that they told me to go on the website to get a sign. Needless  to say I walked out without a sign.

I have worked for a lot of campaigns and have never subjected a potential volunteer to such a hard sell. The condescending attitude of the person I dealt with was off putting. Without asking anything about my background  I was informed of the definition of  GOTV and how voter contact can make a difference. Gee, I didn't know that either.

Maybe I'm just getting cranky but if this is what they have going on in a key county of PA. God help us.

Anyway, We have a sign in the yard for a candidate we enthusiastically support. 

No comments: