Friday, February 17, 2006

Carl Romanelli

Carl Romanelli, a native of the North End of Wilkes-Barre, is seeking the Green Party nomination for US Senate. In fact the nominating convention will be held in W-B Feb. 24 to Feb. 26 at the Genetti Hotel & Convention Center. He has been involved in the local political scene for some time and is regular quote in the local papers. He volunteered his services in Wilkes-Barre redistricting controversy but was ignored. I knew Carl when we were growing up and had no idea he was as big a political junkie as me. I haven't seen him in years. The only other local Green I know is Jim Spak who I first met when he was working for Morris Udall in the 1976 Presidential campaign.

Good luck in getting the 67,000 signatures you need to get on the ballot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be glad to sign his papers