Sunday, February 12, 2006

DA drops the ball

"A case of this magnitude, of this importance, how the rule couldn't be followed is beyond me," -Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas Judge Peter Paul Olszewski Jr.

The latest in the Hugo Selenski case is that DA's office didn't file the paperwork to charge him with escape.

WILKES-BARRE- One document. That's all Luzerne County prosecutors had to file to preserve the prosecution of Hugo Selenski’s escape charges.
But an assistant district attorney on Friday conceded his office apparently didn't file that document. Now, trying Selenski on charges related to his daring and nationally known escape from the county prison is in limbo. Olszewski on Friday also ordered Selenski to return to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility until the end of his trial.


Bugaboo has all Hugo all the time.

3 comments:

Glen said...

It actually wouldn't surprise me if Hugo Selenski is found innocent by a jury.

D.B. Echo said...

Maybe they're hoping he'll escape again, so they'll get a second chance with the paperwork.

Anonymous said...

Hey guyz; I'm innocent--didnt do its. They jus wanna frame me cuz I was runnin round wit da police chief's wife and daughters. I didn ecscape--they made me go cuz the da counda get a good case gainst me. Wanna say hi to all my fans--not ready to git marryd jus yet dough. See ya cuz!