Saturday, December 16, 2006

Downtown Wilkes-Barre

Remember it's Wilkes berry! On one of the college stations today I heard the DJ murder the name as Bahrrr.

Get it right people. Just ask the people in Vermont.

I've been in downtown twice this week and what a joy. I got a lot of my christmas shopping done without having to run over anyone or be trampled on. I hit Boscovs, Gallery of Sound, the new book store (Barnes and Noble) and a few other places.

There is just a different feel to the area. In the past the only time I wandered down there was to go to the Kirby for a show and then right out. Today I walked around after doing my shopping and had a drink at Bart & Urbys and felt safe. If this is do to the cameras I don't know. There are still plenty of vacant storefronts but hopefully that will be remedied soon. The new streetlights are attractive and bright. I plan to return soon.

1 comment:

D.B. Echo said...

I'll have to try it again sometime. I abandoned downtown Wilkes-Barre after the Book & Record Mart closed. I loved that place. (I also had a helluva crush on one of the women who worked there, but that was long long ago.)