Thursday, May 19, 2005

Watchdog Goes Down

The powers that be in Luzerne county win again. Steve Flood Lost the Controllers race to the party favorite. The reasons they did not like him are the reasons I did. We need rabble rousers and bomb throwers. I even miss Fred Williams radio show on WILK. I did not agree with him on many things, but I like the way he stirred the pot. Steve was good at asking questions and just saying no. The way this county has been run during my lifetime I found him to be way overdue. When I lived in other areas I described m y hometown as a place that never got over the great depression, the best redevelopment project was the Agnes flood and the political reforms of the 1890's have yet to hit. Sadly, not much has changed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We need a person like Steve Flood, but not flawed like Steve Flood. The guy couldn't keep his own house in order. Other than that I didn't have a problem with him. Unfortunately, you are correct about our political climate. If you ain't part of the machine around here, your dog meat. You need a guy with Skrepenak's star appeal, but is willing to stick his neck out for what is right. That's the only way you can change things. 87 year old judges of election still run things around here.