Sunday, July 08, 2012

Mrs. G smacks down a hater

I don't write letters to the editor because they are not published or chopped up when they are. That's why I have a blog. A recent LTE in the TL got Mrs. G's hackles up and she responded.  

Can’t do away with sex when debating marriage 

You cannot discuss marriage without mentioning one of its major components: sexual coupling. This aspect is conveniently ignored by those people who are in favor of “gay marriage” because, let’s face it, sex between men is revolting. The sexual union of two men produces, at best, internal disfigurement and, at worst, disease and even death. The sexual union of two women isn’t possible; therefore, the “marriage” of two women is a sterile joke. On the other hand, sex between a man and a woman often produces the miracle of life. So there you have it. One marriage produces nothing or causes bodily harm; the other, life. No starker contrast could be made, and yet we’re told that gay marriage should be on equal footing with traditional marriage. This is insanity and quite dangerous. A society that mocks its venerated rites must suffer the unintended and unforeseen consequences.

Fran McMullen

Mrs. G responded to this claptrap.

Reader respects all kinds of loving relationships

The TL edited her response, here is the full thing.

 This is in response to a letter in Saturday’s paper written by Fran McMullen about same sex marriage.  The word used in describing sex between two men was very offending to me, and I am sure to many others, in addition to the rest of the letter.

 
Gay men and women can make love to each other in a way which I see you can totally not understand.  Of course they cannot create life, but they can produce offspring in other ways.  Also, many gay couples have adopted or would like to adopt children that were produced by “sexual coupling” between a man and a woman but were not wanted by the man and woman who “sexually coupled”. 
 
Do you realize that gay people do not choose to be gay?  They are born that way.  It’s a fact of life.  If you did some research before condemning them you may have thought twice about writing this very prejudice and close-minded letter.  They are people, just like you and me.
 
When I was in grade school there was a boy who was very feminine.  We were children-5 and 6 years old.  He played with dolls and ran like a girl.  We made fun of him, not understanding that he was born this way.  To this day I regret teasing him.  He was, is and always will be gay because he was born that way.  I wish someone explained this to me as a child.  If we all understood, we would have graciously accepted him as he was.  I know better know and I accept people for who they are.  It’s called diversity.
 
Believe it or not there is someone in your family or a friend of yours that is gay.  When you find out who, will you stone them to death because they don’t believe in your ideals? 
 
Also, I’d like to know how your life is affected just because someone is gay and wants to be with the person they love.  Exactly how does it destroy your personal lifestyle?  Do you suffer in some way because people are gay?  You breathe the same air as them and you’re still here, and it hasn’t turned you into a gay person, has it?  It’s not contagious, nor is it a disease.  It’s life.  Learn to accept it.
 
We only have one life to live, and it’s short.  Don’t you think that each individual should be able to spend it with someone they love, regardless of sexual orientation or race?  Shouldn’t everyone be allowed to spend their life with someone they love without being looked down upon, condemned, beaten, ridiculed or having to hide their feelings?  People should be allowed to be proud to show their true affections without being condemned for them or for who they are.
 
Sex between two men or two women or a man and a woman is not revolting if they truly love each other. 
 
Just for the record, I am not gay.  I am happily married to the love of my life.  And I wish everyone could MARRY the love of their life, regardless of sexual orientation or race.
 
Look in the mirror, Fran, and tell me you like yourself. If you do, I’m glad I don’t know you.  I have no desire to want to know you, and it’s your loss.
 
 Learn to accept people for who they are.  Don’t judge someone just because of their sexual orientation or race and you just may learn something and make all kinds of friends.  Open your heart. Give it a try and you may be surprised.  It feels good.  Jesus loved everyone.

 

8 comments:

Stephen Albert said...

Awesome letter by Mrs G. Some folks, for all their supposed disdain for what gay people do sure do spend an awful lot of time thinking about what gay people do.

Seriously, who cares?

By the way, "venerated rites"? I wonder if Fran thinks that anyone who is married outside of the Catholic Church is actually married.

D.B. Echo said...

Excellently done!

Anonymous said...

Of all the letters published in the local papers, that one was by far the worst. Great job speaking out against that hate and bigotry

Professor Milburn Cleaver, OPA said...

Good morning students,
I must confess that I rarely cover the subject of "social issues". My expertise lies in foreign policy and the economy. Yet, it seems to me that of recent the "gay marriage" issue has been at the forefront---and it does affect our domestic and foreign policy via certain states legalizing unions and the President allowing Gays in the military.
Homosexuality is immoral. Plain and simple. I am not a religious fanatic, but even a learned man such as myself realizes that such acts are best and mostly left to animals.
I recall a visit to Manhattan years ago with my beloved and my six year old grandson. We were walking on Broadway and two men were directly in front of us holding hands and kissing. My grandson asked me why they were acting that way. For the first time in my life I was speechless. I recall lying on my pillow that night worrying that the incident may have scarred him. Thankfully, he is now a grown man with a WIFE and two wonderful children.
The act of homosexuality is a choice not genetic. God meant for man to join with woman. This is not to say it has not been with us for thousands of years. Alexander the Great comes to mind. But the days when the gays hid in the closet are over. At least back then, for the most part, we did not have to be exposed in the general public to this hedonistic behavior. There was also a time when such outlandish public behavior would land gays in prison.
Yet, the liberal laws have brought it into prominence. Young lady, I give you a C+ for your papers passion and an F for its content....curving out to a D-. Please do your research on a subject before you waste mine and the classrooms time.
Class Dismissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Who cares if gay people want to marry? I mean really, gay people have a right to misery just like everyone else.

All joking aside, I would like to see the whole marriage issue go away. Why is the government involved at all? Marriage itself should not be a legal matter; no marriage licenses, nothing. It is not up to the state to sanction any type of marriage.

Anonymous said...

F for pretending to be a professor on the internet.

Grow up.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. G! :-) Rock on!!

Casey Evans

Anonymous said...

Oh, PS - Jaron and I would like to offer the Professor an invite to our same-sex wedding next year. We promise an open bar, a great menu that will be at least half vegan friendly, and live music. We also promise to accept him for who he is, even if he doesn't accept us for who we are, and we also promise that none of our attendees will be as rude to him as he is to us in each of his posts.

Formal attire, and no gifts are necessary. See you there!

Casey Evans