Thursday, February 21, 2013

Alex Milanes for Luzerne County Council



Milanes makes it official:
My name is Alex Milanes and I know what The American Dream is. Fleeing Castro’s Cuba, my family settled in Northern New Jersey without a penny to their names. Within a few years, my grandfather would open an electronics store and my cousin would start a fencing business. Kenny Electronics and Delta Fence Company would eventually grow into successful businesses.

I lived with my parents in an apartment over my grandfather’s store, and spent my youth in the shop, running errands and witnessing the hard work and long hours my grandparents logged each day. After graduating high school, I started working for my cousin at Delta Fence Company. Through these experiences at an early age, I can attest that hard work and discipline were the keys to realizing the American Dream.

When my work with Alliance Inspection Management brought me to Pennsylvania, I lived first in Philadelphia before moving to Easton and then Wilkes-Barre, where I found a home. For the past few years I have involved myself in local Luzerne County politics. I serve currently as the Secretary of the Luzerne County Republican Party, as well as representing the 6th District in the party’s grievance committee. I also serve as the Treasurer of the 6th District and represent the first ward of Wilkes-Barre Township in the Luzerne County Republican Committee.

I am a believer of supporting our veterans and currently an associate member of the Marine Corps League Detachment 412 “Black Sheep”, Social member of The American League Mountain Post 781 and a supporter of Vets to D.C. I am also an active member of the Luzerne County Historical Society.

I want to make the American Dream that allowed my family to rise from nothing available to everyone who is willing to work hard and play by the rules. I believe that immigration is the lifeblood of this country, and I am the only candidate that will make sure the interests of ALL people in Luzerne County are represented on the Council. I have a proven record of building bridges and serving the people of Luzerne County.
Alex Milanes
“Your County…Your Voice”

No comments: