Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kanjo welcomes Specter

WASHINGTON – Today, Congressman Paul E. Kanjorski (PA-11) issued the following statement regarding Senator Arlen Specter’s (D-PA) announcement to join the Democratic Party.

“As a Pennsylvanian and a Democrat, I welcome Senator Specter to the Democratic Party. I greatly respect the Senator for his independent voice and I hope that he will feel more at home in a political party which I believe is more accepting of the kind of thoughtful representation that he has provided for Pennsylvania for so many years. Senator Specter and I have a long history of working together in the interest of Pennsylvanians and I hope that relationship will only continue to grow as he joins the Democratic Party.”


A friend tonight reminded me of this blast from the recent past when Specter warned against one party rule in Washington.

TV Ad: Hackett-Specter





I have also asked Conressman Chris Carney for a statement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well it is official: Kanjo, Casey, Murtha, Carney, and now Specter Penna has the ugliest democratic representation in the U.S. Congress. Cant we get one good looking person. Holy shit and now with kanjo and specter ugly old and decrepit.

Anonymous said...

Birds of a feather flock together

Anonymous said...

I guess his concern for his own legacy and interest in not being thumped in the primary trumps his concern about one party rule.