Monday, October 19, 2009

High Hopes

That is the song that Harry Kallas always sang. I miss Harry. I always loved to sit in the back yard after cutting the grass on Saturday then tuning in the Phillies game with Harry doing the play by play.

It's on YouTube. I was trying to post it but I got a bunch of errors.

I can hear his voice calling the 9th inning of this game tonight.


The Phillies win!

In the bottom of the 9th Jimmy Rollins hit a triple that drove in 2 runs and the Phil's win a 5-4 game. They are up 3-1. The Angels beat the Evil Empire in extra innings. That series is 2-1 Go halo's.

2 comments:

Coal Region Voice said...

Could be the makings of a Dan Brown novel??? Angels versus Evil.

Forrest Gump said...

Sorry GORT,

A Yankees - Phillies World Series will be much better.

I can't believe you bitter gun toting, Red Sox fans wouldn't want to see that series.