Thursday, August 02, 2007

A call to action

No, I'm not going to ask you to call your Congressman about some issue or show up for a protest. But you might want to take action on this issue to preserve your peace and quiet at home.

Pennsyltucky Politics let's us know that the do-no-call list is only good for 5 years and if you signed up for it in 2002 you have until September 15 to re-up or risk getting swamped by calls from companies that think that they can sell you something by pissing you off when they interrupt your busy life.
Sometimes I miss the telemarketing calls because I would either play with them or let loose if I was in a bad mood. A company called Appleby Windows called me and I explained that I didn't need windows because my house was built into a cave on a side of a mountain. Another time I told a young lady from another company that she sounded like a nice girl and asked why she couldn't get an honest job. If I was in a particularly sour state of mind I would tell the person on the phone that if they ever called me again I would reach through the the phone and rip their lungs out. Some organizations are exempt including charities, pollsters and political outfits.
To make sure you're not called, go to, or call toll-free, 1-888-777-3406. The national do-not-call registry by the Federal Trade Commission is at or 1-888-382-1222.


pissed off patricia said...

If you haven't read it yet, you gotta read Nature Girl by Carl Hiaasen. It's about a woman who takes revenge against a male telemarketer. Funny as hell.

Gort said...

Thanks PoP, I'm looking for a funny read to take on my next vacation.