Saturday, June 21, 2008

YouTube weekend


California dreaming
Best wishes to my happy friends.


Mr. Sulu get's married

George Takei of "Star Trek" plunked down $70 for the first same-sex marriage license issued in this gay mecca yesterday and turned to the crowd, beaming.

"Congratulations to all of us, and may equality live long and prosper," the actor said, borrowing a phrase from the days he played the Enterprise's Mr. Sulu.

"This means so much in terms of civil rights," said the 71-year-old Japanese-American who, as a child, was forced into a World War II internment camp.

"America really can change," he said.

I bet he's dancing.

Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing




7 comments:

Michelle HD said...

You like the Scissor Sisters?! You are my new favorite person!

Gort said...

I love you too Michelle. I stumbled across the Sister's cover of Comfortably Numb and have been hooked ever since.

Gort said...

Actually, we went to a gay bar at Rehoboth Beach last year, Aqua, and they were playing this song. We fell in love with the band and the song. They're great.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, the previous comment was from Mrs. G. I goofed when I was posting. Anyway, we both love the Sissor Sisters.

Tony Thomas said...

That's awesome that you love the Scissor Sisters. I came across their first album two years ago. I love their songs.

Big Dan said...

They'll have to change the phrase to: "I'm giving HIM all I've got, captain!".

My views on gays, are I don't give a flying fuck if they get married. What's it to me? What's it to ANYBODY'S business? It's none of our business!!! How does this affect those who are against gay marriage? Give a specific instance, where it affects YOU! Who CARES if they get married? They should be allowed to. No one has any right to say 2 consenting adults can't get married. It's none of your fucking business!!!

Big Dan said...

You know, Republicans say they're against "big government", well that's "big government" telling 2 consenting adults they can't get married! Hypocrits!