Friday, July 15, 2011

My fence needs to be painted

Maybe I should hire this guy who is down on his luck


WILKES-BARRE Former Luzerne County judge Mark Ciavarella is painting for a living these days. On Thursday, Ciavarella was painting a porch at 313 McLean St. owned by Bob Kadluboski, owner of City Wide Towing.

Cupcake, as Wilkes-Barre Mayor Tom Leighton affectionately calls him, has been in the news lately for engaging in his favorite pastime of disrupting city council meetings complaining about his competitor LAG Towing suggesting some sort of corrupt bargain. Kadluboski is a civic minded person who has taken time out of his busy crime fighting schedule to be a such thorn in the side of W-B city council that they are considering changing the rules about public comments at their meetings.

I have to commend Mr. Kadluboski for giving a convicted criminal a way to make a living while he awaits sentencing.

For some reason this reminds me of a book I recently read


"I Heard You Paint Houses"

6 comments:

Pope George Ringo said...

Great story; who would ever have thought a few years back that Ciavarella would be a painter!

Anonymous said...

I admire his efforts to feed his family and not look for handouts from well to do friends. The story that Kadluboski told about the former judge not taking a fee that he worked two years to earn is not something that most lawyers would do. If I had a job I could offer Ciavarella, I would do so in a heart beat.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Cup Cake, I don't think that his Honor should be displaying additional arrogrance. The move of hiring his daughter and two other family members for summer jobs was a real brain fart. What the hell was he thinking? The only thing the honorable Leighton had done is to create a serious atmosphere for a write in campaign consideration. Carful Captain Tom, you may have created your own Freddie moment so keep one eye open.

Michelle HD said...

I have some dog poop that needs to be scooped up in the yard. Wonder what the going rate for that is?

Anonymous said...

Wow... Cupcake, the tower from Hell, who gets his jollies by such a strict enforcement of parking rules that 16 year old high school students and sweet old grandmothers get towed and have to pay hundreds of dollars to get their cars back, giving a criminal a job.

I should be surprised, they both take advantage of unsuspecting, innocent people. Birds of a feather, after all.

Anonymous said...

10:35 AM, Words of a true Christian - NOT! What would Christ do?