Friday, August 12, 2011

28 years for Ciavarella

CV:
A defiant Mark A. Ciavarella Jr. was sentenced to 28 years in prison and ordered to pay $965,000 in restitution this morning after reading a statement to the court in which he denied trading "kids for cash."

"Those three words made me the personification of evil. They made me the devil. They made me the anti-Christ. They made me toxic," Ciavarella told U.S. District Judge Edwin M. Kosik.


He is evil as is the other Juvie brother Michael Conahan. I was surprised by the sentence
since they previously were willing to cop a plea for 7 years in jail. I was expecting something like twice that time. Al Flora will appeal it but Scootch is headed to jail until that is sorted out.

This video of the mother of one of the kids that got sold up the river by on the Times Leader website expresses the anger that many of us feel although we can never feel the pain of losing her son.


"You ruined my fucking life."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A terrible situation but these parents take no responsibility for their own child rearing abilities. That kid did wrong and he continued to do wrong after his release. He beat a guy so bad the guy was hospitalized. She needs some time alone to examine her own life. Personally, I'm sick to death of hearing about these poor kids. Each of them were before the court because the police, the school or their parents filed charges agaisnt them. In the case of the mother who lost her son, it was his father and her ho filed the charges so suck it up and stop blaming the world because she raised a bad boy.

Anonymous said...

Judge Kosik my hero!!!