Saturday, March 20, 2010

Carney is a yes

I just got this statement. That's a relief because if he voted No I was prepared to endorse Dave Madeira.



WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Chris Carney (PA-10) today made the following statement with regard to the health insurance reform bill Congress will take up on Sunday:

“We’ve been through a long, difficult debate over health care. I’ve listened to my constituents through 14 town halls and thousands of phone calls, personal visits and letters. I’ve talked with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle. And I’ve heard from health care experts, economists, and the Congressional Budget Office, which estimates the cost of the program.

Throughout this debate I have focused on several overarching priorities and I believe, after careful review, that this bill addresses them. This measure denies insurers the ability to reject coverage to people with so-called ‘pre-existing conditions,’ a common sense provision that, as a cancer survivor, I feel particularly strongly about. Covering maternity care will no longer be optional for insurers; pregnant women and their unborn children will be guaranteed coverage when they need it most. And the arbitrary and exorbitant insurance premium increases that have hamstrung small businesses and working families will no longer be possible.

This bill takes critical steps toward providing quality, affordable health care while reducing the cost burden on our hardworking families and small businesses. It does so in a fiscally responsible manner, reducing the deficit by an estimated $138 billion over the first 10 years and an additional $1.2 trillion in the following decade.
This bill also continues the longstanding ban on public funding for abortion, a factor that weighed heavily on my mind in recent days.

I am voting for this legislation because all Americans should have the same insurance choices enjoyed by members of Congress and their families. If it’s good enough for members of Congress, it is good enough for the people they represent.”


Slobby is predicting that Paul Kanjoski will vote no to protect Sallie Mae

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Congressman Madeira!

Anonymous said...

well at least he had 2 terms. he fooled me. i voted for him twice because i bought his bullshit about being a conservative dem. he lost my vote and i just tore up the 4 figure donation ck i was gonna send when he voted no.

NO One said...

Anon 718, you better not call his office and say that, That is called bribery.

I worked on the hill and a constituent started complaining about my boss's no vote on the bank bailout, He said he lost a lot of money on the market that day and he was mad because he was a donor and my boss should do whatever he wants. I politely asked him why it matters that he was a donor because he was calling a government office.

Well I digress, but I will judge Carney's vote in the coming weeks, when House Dems replace Murtha on the Aprops . Carney should get it, considering he is from the same state, and Sherwood was on Aprops. PA needs an appropriator(we have none now we had Murtha and Peterson last congress) and Kanjo is to old to switch committees Schwartz is on Ways and Means, Holden voted No, and Patrick Murphy is stupid.

I hate the bill and its stupid, I am a conservative, but i think of you are going to do HCR go balls to the wall with Single Payer and not make things better for the Insurance Company. Also taxing the high cost plans of cops, firefighters, and coal minors is a disgrace, The House bill was better.

A Big Fat Slob said...

Kanjo is now on board

Anonymous said...

To all those who want a NO vote on health care .... GFY-S!

A Big Fat Slob said...

Kanjo about to officially announce he is a 'Yes'.

Anonymous said...

Carney was with Stupak did he backtrack and then come back or did Bart have him and Kaptour Defect early as a sign of good faith.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gort said...

Sorry. No fundraising on this blog