Friday, July 21, 2006

Weird ad

I just saw a weird ad featuring Rick Santorum and some game show host plugging a website called 60plus travel.com. It was on CNN about 4:20PM. I wasn't paying close attention until I heard Santorum's name. I hope it is on again as I have my VCR ready. Did anyone else see it?

I just watched it again. My question is since when is it OK for a Senator to appear in an ad plugging a commercial venture? I can't wait for my friends at Santorum Blog to try to spin this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw this on CNN too. Weird was the first comment I thought of. Then I did an Internet search and saw I wasn't the only one who thought it was weird. You know, I'm glad some of our retired citizens have the money to book nice trips (I hope to someday as well, but I'm under 50 so I guess I'm screwed), but I think our country has some more pressing problems than this. It wasn't even clear to me from the ad if the bill guaranteeing Social Security to people 50 and over mentioned there had passed. Just another example of how out of touch Santorum is.

Anonymous said...

I did a little more digging around, and it appears to be tied to this 60 Plus Association (http://www.60plus.org/). Looks like they're trying to take advantage of seniors to kill a "death tax" which affects none of them (unless you have $4-8 million plus lying around and no financial planning) and asking them to help end Social Security for their children and grandchildren while guaranteeing it for seniors. Ah, good old Rick Santorum, gotta love those "priorities".

Gort said...

Thanks for the input. From what I've been able to find this outfit has no members and in financed by big parma. New post coming shortly.