Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Yankees


And the Phillies stink. The Red Sox are still in first place but there is a lot of baseball to be played. I listened to John Sterling and Susan Waldman call the Yankmee and White Sox game today on the radio. It would be nice if they could pronounce the players names right. It's not Jim Toe-may. Jim didn't change his name. It's Toe-mee! That annoys me almost as much when Wilkes-Barre is mispronounced. It's berry, not bererrhhhhh. Ask Barre in Vermont and the one in Massachusetts.

3 comments:

Bernie O'Hare said...

I was at Yankee stadium on Saturday when they murdered the White Sox. A great day for a Yankees fan!

The Yankees are my AL team, but unfortunatelky for me, I always love the Phillies.

Anonymous said...

I don;t know why people pick a.l.+nl fav's. I have one team and the other league means very little to me.

A Big Fat Slob said...

There are but TWO kinds of baseball fans in the world ---- Yankee Fans and those whi WISH they were Yankee Fans.