Saturday, March 03, 2007

Chilling Effects Clearinghouse

Anecdotal evidence suggests that some individuals and corporations are using intellectual property and other laws to silence other online users.

I'm in that boat right now. I don't want to go into the details-YET! But we're all subject to some sort of intellectual property dispute by publishing a blog. This might help some of my fellow bloggers.

Do you know your online rights? Have you received a letter asking you to remove information from a Web site or to stop engaging in an activity? Are you concerned about liability for information that someone else posted to your online forum? If so, this site is for you.

Chilling Effects

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please keep us posted on this issue. Wondering if it is political...?

Anonymous said...

Yes, please keep us posted. We readers certainly don't want you silenced!! Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it and will check it out when I get the chance... ASAP!!! =-]

D.B. Echo said...

Gort, if you need somebody's legs broken, I suddenly find myself with an abundance of time on my hands. I was going to use this opportunity to pursue writing and art, but I could always do with some diversionary exercise.

Gort said...

DB, You're just a big teddy bear. I doubt if you could hurt anyone.

It's not political folks, but just an attempt to extort money.