Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mayor of Wilkes-Barre

No one seems to want the job except Tom Leighton. To my great disapointment the man in the shades with a quick hook, Bob Kadluboski, passed on the race. The quick hook refers to his talent of towing any illegally (or not) parked car when he is not busy playing batman ramming into cars. He also dropped an anonymous attack piece in the CV just before the last election. The ad was a clear violation of election law. Pennsylvania election code requires political ads to clearly identify the people or groups who pay for them. Haven't heard a thing about it since.

Former Police Chief Tony George will not run because "I would rather spend the time with my family." Can't blame him for that.

Tim Grier has filed petitions to run for city council and Mayor. We'll see what office he wants to run for.

There's a Republican!

Republican Linda Stets said she will run for city council and mayor with a focus on on the neighborhoods. I did a Google search but didn't come up with much.

A list of who's running for what is available at the Luzerne County website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the Times Leader; "Grier, who also filed petitions to run for council, could not be reached for comment on Monday." Mistake number one, missed out on free press to basically get one or two good lines out to the folks.

Gort said...

Or an avalanche.

Anonymous said...

Gort says, "No one seems to want the job except Tom Leighton."
Wrongo Gort, I want the job.
I do not speak to The Times Leader. I do not know who owns The Times Leader, and I am guessing it is the same people who financially support my opponent. Snow is just the tip of the iceburg, so to speak - I am far more disturbed by the corruption and financial mismanagement which prevents us from having any more money left over for snow removal. Thank you for your support.