Sunday, March 05, 2006

2005 Koufax Awards

The annual awards organized by Wampum has been described as the Oscars of lefty bloggers. You can vote by leaving the name of your favorite in the comments or send an email to the site editors. You can only vote once or "we will send your IP address to Bill O'Reilly and you will be receiving a visit from Fox News Security."

The spirit of the awards:

Congratulations to all those who received nominations. You have been recognized by your readers and peers for all of your great work. Providing the means to express our thanks is the central point of the Koufax Awards. Please try to take the remainder of the process in that spirit. The real winners are the readers, the lefty blogging community, and all nominees. The only losers are those who take the awards too seriously.

I have an interest in a few categories:

Most Deserving of Wider Recognition

My vote goes to Simply Left Behind. Carl has insiteful and entertaining analysis of the national news of the day. He also keeps us up to date on the politics of New York. Some of his most fun stuff is the way he slaps down trolls in the comments.

A shout out to PSoTD, 2 Political Junkies (who was nominated in several categories) and Comments From Left Field but I only have one vote.

Best state and local blogs

I didn't know about this category until Jane pointed it out. I think PA has the most nominations in this category. Congratulations to our Keystone bloggers, I read you all everyday. I'm not sure who nominated me (I have my suspect) but thank you for doing so.

Above Average Jane

Angry Drunk Bureaucrat

Attytood

Philly

PhillyFuture

Rittenhouse Review

A Smoke-Filled Room

Gort42

5 comments:

Carl said...

*whistling softly to self*

And thank you for your endorsement. :-)

Miss Cellania said...

I second that motion! Do we have a quorum?

Carl said...

A quorum? Innit that where they sing in church?

Doctor Rick said...

This is like being nominated by Howard Dean for an award...its all liberal sites,...congrats, you'd win my award!

Gort said...

Thanks Rick, you're so generous.