Friday, September 11, 2009

This is nifty

Luzerne County candidate for Judge of the Court of the Common Pleas Dick Hughes is hosting a whitewater rafting trip on the Lehigh River on Saturday, September 19, 2009. The details are on Facebook but not on his website. Get on the stick guys. I think this is one of the most creative fundraising ideas I have ever heard of. I'll be watching college football that day so I can't make it but maybe Kayak Dude and the Blogfather will join in. They are fond of water sports.

Now that we are past Labor Day the other local candidates have some events scheduled.

GOP Controller candidate Walter Griffith has a shindig scheduled for Friday, September 18th in Wilkes-Barre. The details are on his website.

Judicial candidate Tina Gartley has a full slate of events including celebrations of grandparents, beer and polka plus she likes college football. She has an events page on her site.

Double nominee for Judge Bill Amesbury has had some get togethers that nobody bothered to tell me about ahead of time.

The Democratic row officer candidates are out there also but they don't have websites so I'm not sure what they are up to.

I usually don't watch the local newscasts (car hits tree, house burns down) but I will start tuning in for the political commercials. I await the ads that say we should retain Judges Peter Paul Olszewski Jr. and Thomas F. Burke Jr. I have never voted to retain a Judge because I'm a political junkie and I want to see another election and I think that retention elections are BS. Many of my friends have urged me to vote Yes on Burke but nobody has defended PPO-2.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You continually post that you do not vote to retain judges, which is your right. I do not understand, however, why you keep pushing for Lokuta's reinstatement as she was already retained a few years back. According to your credo, she already served one ten year term so she should be gone baby gone.

Anonymous said...

Throw the bums out they are like deer frozen in headlights and afraid to make a move

Kayak Dude (DW) said...

All those folks together on rafts ripping through Class III & Class IV rapids? Hmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

PPO not retained. If that's a dream, please don't wake me.

Anonymous said...

Here's another great idea. We now vote via computer so how about the reconfiguration of the ballot? We could hit "save" Judge Burke and "delete" Peter Paul. Now there is an incentive to get out the vote.

The Scranton Guardian said...

Vote no on retention for the judges.

Gort said...

Anon 8:28

I voted NO on Lokuta's retention as I always do. I never said anything about 10 years.

Even though I disagee with the process I don't like elections being overturned especially when her chief accuser was an admitted crook.