Saturday, February 25, 2012

PA Attorney General endorsements

The torrent of Patrick Murphy endorsements was countered by Kathleen Kane in this email:
.

SCRANTON, PA -- Kathleen Kane, career prosecutor and Democratic candidate for Pennsylvania Attorney General, received the unanimous endorsement of the Beaver County Democratic Committee at a meeting held Thursday, February 23rd. The vote tally was 129-0, a resounding vote of confidence in Kathleen Kane’s prosecutorial experience and fitness for the Office of Attorney General, and a stunning rebuke of Democratic Primary challenger Patrick Murphy, who, as has been reported in recent news stories, never tried a case in Pennsylvania’s courts.

.
This was in response to the SEIU picking a candidate:


.
My father was a member of a union, the Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police, for 22 years, so this endorsement is especially meaningful", Patrick Murphy said. "I have always fought to protect working families and the rights of workers, and as Attorney General I will always enforce the law fairly to protect working middle class families."

.
Kane sent out a full throttled defense of women's health issues that Mrs. G and the rest of the women in my life echoed:


.
Dear Gort ,
When I travel around the state, people are surprised to learn that not only has a woman never been elected Attorney General of Pennsylvania, but no woman has even run for the Attorney General nomination of a major party in our state. And Pennsylvania has been ranked 46th in terms of women holding elective office - only 17% of the office holders in this state are women.

.
To make matters worse, the Republican-led House Oversight Committee held a hearing on women’s health care and the chairman of the committee, tea party Republican Daryl Issa, decided that the most qualified people to testify in the hearing were all male. Not a single woman was invited to sit on the panel and testify.

.
More appalling than that was the recent comments by one of Senator Santorum’s top fundraisers, Foster Friees, suggesting that “gals” might want to hold an aspirin between their knees as a birth control device. This recent assault on women's health by exploitative, out-of-touch tea party Republicans is especially disturbing because, in tough economic times, women need to know that they can provide for their families' and their own health without undue burdens being placed on them.As a woman and a mother, I am shocked and offended by the extreme right wing's assault on women’s health care.As Attorney General, I can and will do something about this. One of the reasons I am running for the office of Attorney General is to do what I have always done - stand up for people who don’t have a voice.If tea party leaders refuse to let women testify about women’s health issues, it’s clear that women aren’t being heard.I believe that our party does best when it's inclusive and runs a balanced, diverse ticket. This year, we will see what happens when Democrats have a choice of nominating a candidate who, yes, is a woman, but more importantly is the most qualified candidate, a seasoned prosecutor who has prosecuted more than 3,000 cases and has more than 100 times the experience as the other Democrat in the campaign.If you agree, I urge you to get involved with my campaign for attorney general and help me put an end to the good ol' boy network that believes it knows and can dictate what is in the best interests of women.


.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is suggesting that one takes responsibility for one's own sexual actions and consequences an attack on women's health?
I've been promiscuous my entire adult life; I like to fuck many people over the course of one day, and some times get gang banged by as many as 5 or 6. I have never been pregnant, nor had a scare. And I have never had an STD. I took the precautions for my lifestyle and didn't expect anyone else to be responsible for me or to pay for it.
I guess the fat guy who fucking keels over from a heart attack is everyone else's fault. I am of the believe we shouldn't provide him with any insurance either. If he won't take care of and be responsible for himself, why should we?

Big Dan said...

All male CLERGY! Not just all male. Separation of church and state NOT. The American Taliban.