Thursday, January 11, 2007

All are welcome

I appreciate everyone who takes time to comment on this site. If you wish to remain anonymous, use your name or a pseudonym that’s your call. The last thing I want to do is make it harder to comment. I've noticed that blogs that don’t allow anonymous posts get very few comments. Also, I wish I didn’t have to use word verification as it adds another step and is a pain in the neck but the spammers are relentless. Since I started this site I’m happy to say I’ve only deleted a handful of comments because they either accused someone of a crime without any evidence or were just vulgar. The only thing I ask dear readers is that you reserve your name calling for the politicians. Again, Thanks for stopping by and keep up the great debate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is very informational - but I must tell you that politics makes my tongue swell...which accounts for the few comments, I guess. :)

Doctor Rick said...

Gort, I once had to make this comment post. It's truly disheartening. Actually, when I started I got threats. Remember those good old days?

Anonymous said...

His Holiness appreciates the fact that all are welcome to comment; since my duties at the Vatican pre-empt me from Blogging myself it is nice to know that I can at least express an opinion. If other Bloggers would stop being so "exclusive", allowing only other Bloggers to comment, they would probably get actual ratings. As a blog traveler, I notice that your Blog is one of the highest rated both in viewership and quality--God Bless You and please Dr. Rick, etc., open your blog commentaries to all viewers. Amen.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Gort I enjoy your blog very much. And I can tell you that the comments are half the fun. I enjoy lively exchanges, and your posts are always very interesting and topical. Keep up the great work. On my blog, I don't use the wortd verification. So far, I usually only have to weed out about two or three per day. Some days I get nailed w/ about 30 spams and then I wish I had it.

The only blogs that bother me are the ones where the blogger moderates the comment. It only gets posted if it meets w/ the blogger's approval. I once posted a lengthy comment on someone's blog, and the blogger refused to post it. I thought that was a little low, especially since I was responding to a post that attacked me on a local issue. But I guess one man's meat is another man's poison.