Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Who will be the next Judge

Ask Hugo. Or his friends.

“He could say whatever he wants, I’m not the one running for judge.”-defense attorney John Pike

"No one I ever tried for murder was ever acquitted,”-Tom Marsilio

“My hat goes off to you, Mr. Lupas, You have to be a complete jerk.”- Hugo's Aunt

Luzerne County District Attorney David Lupas has announced he is running for the new spot on the the Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas after 8 years as the DA. These are two people who's futures are entwined. The chances are the case will come to trial in the summer and if Lupas gets a conviction he gets elected and if there is an aquittal he doesn't.

The latest argument is where Selenski will be housed during the run-up to the trial. My suggestion is that Hugo should move in with Lupas. I'm sure he can find a spare room and has a nice dining room with a big table that the defense can lay out all their documents without plexiglass in the way. Just lock up all the bedding.

With Lupas moving on a few people have declared they are running for DA. Only one has a website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do admire Hugo's Aunt that you quoted, she's always sticking up for him. And I think she's dead-on with her assessment of our DA, but thaaaaat's just me.

Ha ha ha, I think Hugo might take you up on the suggestion, but he'd INSIST on the bulletproof glass to separate him from lupas at all times. But it couldn't be soundproof, of course- what fun would it be for the verbal spats? =-p

You gave me a real good laugh, thanks!!!

Hey, imagine what lupas would look like if judges still wore those stupid curly white wigs- ha ha ha!!!!! Ok, I still think he won't look right in a judge's robe, anyway, but thaaaaat's just me again..