Saturday, July 26, 2008

YouTube weekend

Get off of my lawn..........and my sidewalk.

Store's don't like it when a bunch of kids gather outside the entrance and I don't like it when a bunch of skateboarders are zinging up and down my sidewalk. Here is a deterrent.

BBC: A device emitting a soundwave which is designed to drive young troublemakers away from a problem area of Swindon has been hailed as a success. Listen to the sound online.

I only hear some noise.


The 'Mosquito' sonic deterrent device...the sound resembles that of a buzzing insect. And it works by emitting a harmless ultra sonic tone that generally can only be heard by people aged 25 and under. In trials, it has proven that the longer someone is exposed to the sound, the more annoying it becomes.


There is a simple solution to get rid of kids that are annoying. Stick a speaker in the window and blast this at them. They scatter in a few minutes.

Barry Manilow


6 comments:

Michelle HD said...

I'm kinda torn on this one. I don't hate skateboarders as much as I hate the heeleys (sneaker/rollerskates).

I'm 27, will that noise still work on me or are my ears too old?

Gort said...

I don't hear anything when I listen to it so I brought in a 14 year old to listen. He could hear it and left the room after 15seconds.

Anonymous said...

I have a solution to your problem. Spray a generous helping of small pebbles on your sidewalk. It won't look too bad and reek all kinds of havoc on the skateboarders wheels. The only person you'll have to worry about is Mrs. Gort when she tells you to get a broom and go sweep the sidewalks. Another suggestion, move out of a corner location with new sidewalks to a place with deteriorated sidewalks. I don't think Mrs. Gort would go for that either.

Maybe we will see you and the missus for a few adult beverages this afternoon. On the agenda, a toast to Estelle Getty.

Anonymous said...

FINALLY A POST ON THIS COMMIE SITE THAT I AM IN TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH!!! I DON'T NORMALLY OFFER HELP TO SUBVERSIVES, BUT IF YOU WANT ME TO TAKE CARE OF THE LITTLE RUNTS I CAN FIRE UP THE OL' DODGE PICKUP AND BE THERE ANY TIME!! IF THERE'S ONE THING I HATE ALMOST AS MUCH AS LIBERALS IT'S KIDS!!!!

Anonymous said...

This might be more effective! :)

Gort said...

Dana, That is straight out of a South Park episode.