Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The dead zone

This is always the slow time for blogging about politics because we are between the primary and general elections but things could change any day. I'm sure more people will be indicted in the ongoing FBI investigation of the way business has been conducted around here for as long as I can remember and that will keep us busy. But the local elections will take a break for the summer and then heat up in late August.

.
In the mean time we can speculate about who will be running against Kanjo or Carney in 2010. I'm really not ready to cover the upcoming race for Governor as none of the prospective candidates excite me. As far as the 2010 Senate race goes I will apply the Easter Bunny Test. I will vote for anybody but Arlen Specter in the Democratic Primary and if Joe Sestak is the only serious candidate he has my support although I would rather see Patrick Murphy or Allyson Schwartz make the run.

.

So that leaves us with Baseball. The Phillies should have swept the Dodgers over the weekend but came out with a spilt. They should have also swept the phargon Yankees a few weeks ago. There is nothing more demoralizing for a baseball team than going into the bottom of the 9th with a lead and losing the game. Brad Lidge was a perfect 41 saves in 41 opportunities last year but he has blown 6 saves so far this year. I think it's time to give Ryan Madson a chance to close the game.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Phillies can also give Ryan Madson a shot!

Professor Milburn Cleaver, OPA said...

Both the Guberatorial and Senate race of 2010 shall be a fascinating time for the politically inclined. What we have seen so far in this Democratic year is the depletion of our national treasury in the name of "stimulating the economy". Of course, this effort has fallen flat, but that should be no surprise to an educated person. There is no question that Mr. Toomey will be the next U.S. Senator from the Keystone State, regardless of whom the Democrats nominate; and that the GOP nominee for Governor will sail to easy victory. In this age of 24/7 news cycles, the talking heads need drama to keep the spice of their respective programs, so they feed us with tripe such as "the GOP has lost its footing for a generation" or "The GOP is going the way of the Whig party and Obama is the Lincoln of our day". Students, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out where we are at the present time. Even you young people can grasp the situation if you look closely enough. Throwing money at problems does not, I repeat, NOT fix them. It only acts as a band aid on a gaping wound. To put it in words that a pre-schooler can understand, by 2010 our economic situation will be thrice as bad as it is today, therefore voters will by then become free of the rose colored glasses and the world of sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows that Mr. Obama provided them with, and head to the polls to vote in fiscally and morally responsible government. I do not wish to be jocular in mood over this, for I love my country, but we must regain a responsible footing. I am confident that we will, and equally proud of the fact that in 2013 we shall have our first woman President, and I do not speak of Ms. Clinton. Class dismissed.

forrest gump said...

We will be better off as a country when you and people of your ilk stop blogging for one reason or another.

It is not even worth it to enter a debate with you. I'll hang on to your post, though, so I may bring it up as each one of your predictions fails to come true.

Good day!!

Professor Milburn Cleaver, OPA said...

It seems that any time I try to express an opinion I am personally attacked. Yet, I have always been civil in my lectures. I believe that some of our young people need to look up the word "hypocricy" in the dictionary. Providing they know how to do so, of course.

Anonymous said...

Lidge is getting back in form. I love madDog , but he did choke in Game 5 of the world series and lost the game, the rays would have gone ahead if not for chase's fake out to get the runner at the plate.

Also what do you think about Myers returning in septemnr to join the bullpen. Think Lidge, Madson,Romero, Erye, Durbin Condrey, Myers, and no Chan Ho.

This makes the most bad ass bullpen in the game even better

Anonymous said...

Ummm. It's not the "most badass bullpen in the game"

Sincerely,

Okajima, Masterson, Ramirez, Delcarmen, Saito, Bard and Papelbon.

Anonymous said...

who won the world series lasat year,

who is in first place?

So what part of new England are you from?