Sunday, November 01, 2009

Predictions-The Row offices


I'll save my prediction of the Controller's race for a later post.
.
I've been saying for months that Republican Carolee Medico Olenginski will romp to victory in the Luzerne County Prothonotary contest even without the news that her opponent's husband is a crook. She has spent the last few months saying "I told you so" and she did.
.
I've never met Democratic Nancy Bellas and I was surprised that she won the primary. She has skipped the public forums and I can't say that I blame her. She doesn't want to answer for the crimes of her husband.
.
Carolee wins big 60%+
.
In the Regisister of Wills race I originally thought that longtime incumbent Dottie Stankovic would win easily. I'm not so sure now. Republican candidate Gina Nevenglosky has been the energizer bunny and has got some traction over the allegation that Stankovic hasn't been in the office as much as she should be.
.
.
The showing up for work thing and the fact it's a Republican year just may put Gina over the top but I think that Dottie will hold on.
.
Stankovic 51%-Nevoglosky 49%.

4 comments:

Mean Old Man said...

I DON'T WANT TO CAUSE AN EARTHQUAKE, BUT I MUST SAY THAT I AGREE WITH GORT THAT THE PROTHONOTARY OFFICE IS USELESS AND NOT NECESSARY. ANYWAY, I WOULD NOT WASTE MY VOTE ON THIS CATEGORY, SINCE BOTH CANDIDATES ARE WOMEN AND A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE HOME COOKING THE FOOD, CLEANING THE HOUSE AND RAISING THE CHILDREN...OF COURSE, WOMEN TODAY DON'T WANT TO DO ANY OF THESE THINGS (AT LEAST PROPERLY), AND THAT IS ONE OF THE REASONS MY COUNTRY IS IN THE SHAPE IT IS IN.

Anonymous said...

Gina is a very nice woman, but she does not have the experience to run any type of dept.

Anonymous said...

How much fucking later you going to wait on the controller's race. In case you didn't notice the elction is tomorrow. Not all of us spend our evenings on line.

bonvelve

Gort said...

bonvelve,

Sorry that I'm a bit behind schedule. Believe it or not I sometimes have other things to do than blog.