Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kaufer challenges Mundy to 3 debates

From the inbox:


Aaron Kaufer to challenge Rep. Phyllis Mundy (D-120) to a series of debates
to be held over the next two months

Kingston, Pa. -- Aaron Kaufer, the Republican candidate for state representative in the 120th District, has challenged Democratic incumbent Phyllis Mundy to three debates. Kaufer sent a letter to Phyllis Mundy stating a request for the debates. Kaufer said that if Mundy accepts, the debates would be held in September and October in the weeks leading up to the election. In an effort to reach the most voters, Kaufer said he wants the events to be held at specific locations within the Wyoming Valley West, Wyoming Area and Back Mountain regions. 

            “Debates are vital in having a well-informed voting populace,” Kaufer said. “This election represents two visions for our area, and I look forward to the opportunity of discussing my vision and what I hope to accomplish. I am confident that the voters of the 120th district are looking for new solutions to the same old problems.”

Phyllis has always debated her opponents and I'm sure she will work it out with  Aaron just like last time when she debated Tim Mullen and Bill Goldsworthy.
 

Mundy, two challengers debate in 120th district


 I asked Phyllis for her response and will publish it as soon as she gets back to me.. 

UPDATE: Phyllis responds

 I strongly agree that debates are important to an informed electorate. I have always participated in debates throughout my tenure as State Rep. 

I am out of town babysitting my grandchildren at the moment, but as soon as I return I will ask the League of Women Voters of the Wilkes-Barre Area to be the debate sponsor. I will leave the date, time and format in their capable hands. 

 



No comments: