Thursday, March 29, 2012

Patrick Murphy snags AFL-CIO endorsement

Pennsylvania AFL-CIO Endorses Patrick Murphy

(Philadelphia, PA) – Today, Iraq war veteran and former prosecutor Patrick Murphy issued the following statement after earning the endorsement of the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO, which represents 900,000 working families:

"I'm honored to earn the support of so many hard working Pennsylvanians. My dad was police officer for 22 years, so I grew up in a union household. And I understand that working families are struggling right now. There is a clear contrast in this race. I've always fought to defend the rights of workers to organize for better wages and working conditions, and as Attorney General I will continue to protect workers and the middle class. But my opponent has refused answer questions about her company's fiercely anti-union positions. Pennsylvanians need to know that their Attorney General will always fight for them. My record is clear. Unfortunately, my opponent's is not.” Murphy said.


Most endorsements are only good for a press release unless it brings money or boots on the ground. This one brings both. So which endorsement is more helpful, this one or President Clinton's ? It may help if he campaigns for Kathleen Kane but his recent track record of backing PA candidates hasn't worked out the way they wanted just ask Chris Doherty, Joe Sestak and Paul Kanjorski.

I've been told that Kane is on TV with a bio spot but I haven't seen it and it's not on her website or YouTube channel yet. I'll post it when I get the link.

No comments: