Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I voted


And I'm sure anyone who reads this blog has done their civic duty. I still don't trust these newfangled machines but our society has become technology drunk. A pencil and paper is the better way of doing things instead of a $3000 touch screen computer. So much for bitching about the method as after all the time and money spent on the new system it is here to stay. We have to work on improving the system so everybody is confident in the outcome.

I voted about 4PM and the turnout was 200 out of 600 in my precinct. Not bad but it should be better. There were lawn signs for all the candidates but only one poll worker for Pashinski. I may have to rethink running for county committeeman as I've never seen our guy in the all the years I've been voting in Plains.

Penn Patriot has a thoughtful analysis of the election and The Pennsylvania Progressive tells us who he voted for. Above Average Jane is blogging the election at the Washington Monthly. Kudos Jane! LVDem and the gang will keep us updated at Keystone Politics. Memories of my time in England covering the Monster Raving Looney Party is brought back by A Big Fat Slob. And it looks like he will be with us all night. GrassrootsPA is covering fraud in Philly and I'm sure Chis will be on top of things all night.

Anyone else blogging the election tonight? I was contacted by the Patriot News last week to contribute to their election coverage but they never gave me the details. If your out there boys let me know.


Anyone who has a last minute prediction, who wants to share your reasons voting for your candidates or has a election day story please chime in.

2 comments:

LVDem said...

I pressed the "register vote" button and my machine flew away. It's not as bad as the guy in Allentown that went insane on his machine. I wish I could say I was kidding about the damage he did, but it was totaled.

Anonymous said...

heee heee heee santorum lost yaaaaay i did my part as a democrat :-)


but sorry ever since rendell made that crass comment about hazleton's IIRA and not wanting to hear my opinion since i'm not a "native american", i'll never support his ass again.


sherwood won't survive this election, that's for sure...