Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Rematch


Former Lehigh Valley Congressman Pat Toomey is again taking on Senator Arlen Specter in the Republican primary in 2010. This time it looks like Peg Luksik may also get into the fray along with a few other people . I voted for Peg a few years ago when she ran for governor. A multi-candidate GOP primary has to be good news to Arlen and is music to this blogger's ears. I hope that Specter hangs around forever because he drives my Republican friends nuts. He is an almost extinct species, a Rockefeller Republican. The question of who Rick Santorum will back in this race has the gang over at GrassrootsPA twisting in their knickers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It warms my heart that a fine young man like Mr. Toomey will finally be going to the U.S. Senate in 2010. I urge all God Fearing Republicans to support this honorable gentleman and not the subversive liberal in conservative's clothing, Arlen Spector! I only wish that our Sainted Sen. Santorum runs in 2012 to reclaim the seat that was stolen from him by the Obama Casey machine. Congratulations, Senator Toomey. Go to Hell, Gort!!! And all your readers, too!!!! I hate you all!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent. Then, once Specter decides to retire, we can vote in a Democrat. And yes, Specter also drives Republicans I know nuts too.