Sunday, May 15, 2011

The road back





I have been posting sporactly the last few weeks after shutting down the operation last November. It looks like I have lost my audience as the Sitemeter tells me my unique visitors have dropped from 400-500 on a good day to less than 100 now. I miss blogging so now my challenge is to rebuild an audience. As the Blogfather told me many moons ago the way to create traffic is content, content, content so now I will opine again on various local and natonal issues and let you my dear readers take my head off if you disagree. I have made so many friends ( and a few enemies )doing this that I just can't resist. Even Mrs. G want's me to do it again.



So what is going on?




The Blogfather has been in a full throated defense of Tom Leighton as Mayor of Wilkes-Barre, Mark is a Republican and Tom is Democrat which validates my theory that party labels don't matter much in local elections.




Another Monkey has been all over a site that has been stealing content from the rest of us. Blogger etiquitte demands a link back to the source. But it looks like this jerk has taken the site down.





NEPA Blogs has been hot with a bunch of new bloggers being listed.




The Lu Lac Political Letter has been trying to cover everything.


Common Sense Political Thought wants to play games with the debt ceiling and still thinks because it snows there is no such thing as global warming.

Steve is also worked up about the content thief

Then there is the best political blogger in PA. The Morning Call's John Micek who writes Capitol Ideas. What a natural, well informed and funny.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

It's about time!!! I've turned the link to your blog back on at my fiction site. I think all the folks that read my stuff (both of them) will surely pay you a visit.

James O'Meara, Sr.

D.B. Echo said...

Here's a good song for the road back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWBG1j_flrg

Mrs. G said...

I used to hate hearing the words "just one more post", but now I actually look forward to it. Way better than wasting his time on his video game blowing up the world. Now he's being productive again.

Gort said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Not to worry about your readership. As soon as people get the word that you're back on line, you numbers will return. Best of luck, Wil

Unknown said...

Gort - welcome back. Missed you and was a little hurt that you wouldn't call me back or respond to my e-mail, but I've got fairly thick skin and will get over it.

I'll be adding you back to my blog-roll on the show site, but you might want to add my daily commentary to your blog roll www.underthelibertytree.com - or not.

Be well.

Unknown said...

Gort - how embarrassing! It would appear I signed in and posted as the misses. How awkward!

Gort said...

Dave, I already have you show site on my blogroll. What more do you want?

Sorry about not getting back to you but don't feel special. I blew off a lot of people at that time.

Unknown said...

My show site is updated weekly, my daily UTLT commentary is updated..., well, daily.

www.undertheylibertytree.com

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back My Friend! Missed Your Stuff!