Monday, May 02, 2011

Kentucky Derby

The 14th annual get together of the Saturday OT Committee and Operatic Society to watch the Kentucky Derby is scheduled for Saturday, May 7th 4PM at Marks Pub 1287 N Washington St, Wilkes-Barre.

None of us are big horse race fans but this is just another excuse to infuse cash into the malt beverage industry to ensure it's liquidity. After all, we don't want D.G. Yuengling & Son to go the way of General Motors.



This is not a mega-meetup like the one last month a Rooney's (we will do that again in the fall) and it has not been sanctioned by the Northeast Blogging Council. But of course everyone is welcome.

4 comments:

Mean Old Man said...

Oh my dear God, don't tell me you're back you damned commie!!!!
Just as my blood pressure was settlin'.
To hell with you and your bolshevik gatherings!!!
You and your comrades have a ball down at the junior Kremlin this weekend; as for me, I'll be hoisting a few Stegs at the Legion with my pals Creep and Birch discussing how the Obama Administration got bin laden after consulting on the phone with good ol' George W. {now there was a president!!!}.
Thanks for coming back; thanks for nothing!!!!

Anonymous said...

Scranton hasn't been in the tenth for a decade

Coal Region Voice said...

Have a Black and Tan on me.

D.B. Echo said...

Hey! I was just scrolling through some of my old posts, and I saw that May 2nd was your Blogiversary! I guess that's as good a time as any for you to return to the Blogosphere!