Monday, May 02, 2011

Blogfest 2011-Spring Edition

I wasn't involved in the planning and promotion of our 3rd gathering at Rooney's Irish Pub in Pittston but as soon as I walked in the door I realized how much I miss blogging. There are many people of all parties that I now call friend because of this Internet venture. I came up with the idea of having a low key gathering of politicians/bloggers/activists and helped organize the first 2 meetups that were great successes and even got some coverage from the local papers. Kudos to David and Joe for keeping it going. I noticed that many of our local political bloggers didn't make it this time but there were plenty of candidates running for various offices.



We got there around 7PM and missed the first wave of judicial candidates who were off to the 3rd district meeting, like committee endorsements matter anymore, but you have to make the rounds. I'm not going to run down of list of people that were there but if you are interested the Yonk took attendance. Keeping in the spirit the people who attended agreed to disagree without being disagreeable, there were no speeches and the dress code was adhered to. I will be more active for the Fall Edition.





Plus I got to d to my button and political paraphernalia collection.





The bloggers report:


Blog Fest report, Spring 2011 edition

The LuLac Edition #1573, April 30th, 2011

Blogfest turns out great crowd

Video from Scott of Video Inovations







No comments: