Thursday, April 20, 2006

20th Senate District update

This is the time of year that I force myself to watch the local news if only to catch the political ads. Jim Haggerty was the first on the air listing his accomplishments as Mayor of Kingston. Yesterday I started seeing a Lisa Baker spot with Charlie Lemmond and former Governor Ridge. It also listed among her accomplishments as being the head of a group dedicated to lowering healthcare costs. Well that's been a big success. Russ Bigus is not on the air but he has been running print ads contrasting his positions with Baker's. David Madeira is not on TV but his website has some video outlining his positions and touting his endorsement by Pat Toomey. We haven't heard much from Carl Sutton. Norton has sent a questionnaire to all the candidates and Bob McNamara was kind enough to copy me with his reply. I have been trying to post it but have run into technical problems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I really appreciate the hard work Lisa has done getting my healthcare costs down. Every year, I pay less and less for health care. Maybe she could do the same for gas prices.

Anonymous said...

Baker lowering health care costs? Gee, thanks Lis'. Bang up job so far.