Sunday, April 09, 2006

The great debate

SLIPPERY ROCK -In a sometimes testy debate yesterday, Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Bob Casey Jr. faced sharp criticism from his two lesser-known primary opponents for his positions on abortion, health care, and the Iraq war.
But for 90 minutes in a Slippery Rock University auditorium, Casey kept his attention mostly on the one candidate not in the room: Sen. Rick Santorum (R., Pa.).
"We may have some disagreements on some issues," Casey said, "but we can all agree that this state needs a new U.S. senator and this country needs a new direction."


Blogger coverage can be found at:

Fact-esque

above average jane

Next Direction

Santorum Blog

A Smoke-Filled Room

2 political junkies

My impressions of the debate were similar to my collegues. It was good that didn't rip into each other too much. I thought they were are articulate. I liked Casey going after Santorum but not his lecture at the end. I agree with Jane that he could have dressed for the occassion. If I heard Pinnachio say "living wage" one more time I was going to scream. It sounded like my friends in the Green Party. Alan Sandals came accross like the lawyer he is.

The candidates websites take it out for a spin:

Bob Casey

Chuck Pennacchio

Alan Sandals

Rick Santorum

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pennacchio picked up a lot of support in that debate

Doctor Rick said...

Gort Im proud of you here. You posted links to both candidates of both sides. Admirable.

Don't let your other liberal friends see!

Gort said...

Just call me fair and balanced.