Monday, April 24, 2006

Tatu

Not that Tatu.

Chestnuthill Township supervisor Maureen Tatu, a Republican running for state representative in the 118th District, announces that she has a new Web site: http://www.tatuforyou.com/index.html.

Debate Wednesday

The League of Women Voters chapter in the Wilkes-Barre area is hosting a debate among candidates for state representative in the 118th district on Wednesday, April 26 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in Pittston High School. Candidates who were invited to participate are: Democrats Mike Carroll of Avoca; Terry Best and James "Red" O’Brien, both of Pittston; and Republicans Art Bobbouine of Pittston; Maureen Tatu and James Spinola, both of Chestnuthill Township, Monroe County.

James Spinola is the the only other candidate that has a website that I know of: http://www.spinolaforstaterep.com/

If the other candidates have a site let me know. Mike Carroll has been the only one on TV and it let's you know he is Yuddy's chief of staff and has had many other public service jobs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the GOPers seem good, but realisticly I would like to see Carrol win and give Yuddi a nice allie

Anonymous said...

Bill are you even a Republican? J/K I like Carroll too but only because of Yudichak. If this is the man at his side, he has to be good. I hope Tatu wins but she doesn't have the cross-over appeal that Bobbouine has in Luzerne County.

Anonymous said...

Yes, this race is about two counties but it's still one district. One thing I liked about Tigue was his receptiveness whenever I visited him in Harrisburg. Even though I am from the "other side of the aisle" he recognized me as a constituient and a resource on the issues. I hope to take that mindset to Harrisburg with me.

Being perceived as an ally and having cross-over appeal is one thing but having experience analyzing $70 million budgets, the track record of voting against tax increases and the professional experience to run government like a service-oriented business is another.

As I said at the debates, the issues are too important to make this a popularity contest.

www.SpinolaForStateRep.com