Wednesday, January 02, 2008

It's 2008

Happy New Year to all and thanks for your concern. I just needed a few days off to take care of family obligations and indulge in my college football obsession. Normally things calm down news wise around the holidays but not this year.

The Iowa caucus is tomorrow and I still haven't made up my mind on who to back for President. For the most part I can live with any of the Democrats and the only Republican that doesn't scare the hell out me is John McCain.

On the local front we have another Republican candidate in the 10th Congressional District with another still toying with idea. In the 11th CD Lou Barletta is still playing Hamlet on the Susquehanna but he could probably put off a decision until it's time to circulate nominating petitions.

The only State Rep district that's is looking to have a race is the 117th where Jame May says he will take on freshman Karen Boback in the Republican primary.

And everyday another outrage surfaces about the way Luzerne County conducts business.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

a must read.

http://joeleonardi.wordpress.com/2007/11/28/why-lou-barletta-should-not-run-for-congress/

D.B. Echo said...

"...I was going to do a long post about 2007 but you know what happened..."

This phrase has probably caused more consternation among the local blogging community than anything else in all of 2007.

Two interpretations:

"I was going to do a long post about 2007 but...well, that horrible thing that happened, happened, and I'm not going to explain it here, but you should already know about it..."

- OR -

"I was going to do a long post about 2007 but...well, what the hell? YOU PEOPLE WERE THERE! WHAT, DO I HAVE TO RECAP FOR YOU JUST WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST YEAR WHEN EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU EXPERIENCED IT YOURSELVES? GEEEZ!"

Gort said...

"consternation among the local blogging community"

Thank you so much Michelle and DB and I'm happy to say nothing unfortunate has happened. It was simple, I wrote a long end of the year post and ran into a blogger ate my homework problem. I started writing it again but I hate repeating myself so I cut it short.

Anonymous said...

As for the Iowa caucaus and New Hampshire Primary, this is a political junkies dream--though the high will be short lived. His Holiness' predictions:
IOWA; GOP: Romney will edge out Huck but M'Cain will come in third--breathing him new life for New Hampshire.
IOWA; Dems: Edwards will edge to victory, Obama will be second and although Hillary is third, the Edwards victory will keep her alive for New Hampshire.
New Hampshire: GOP; Huck will be a non-player, the fight will be between Mitt and M'Cain--in the end, Mitt's money and organization will defeat M'Cain and the former Governor of Massachussetts will be on his way to the nomination.
New Hampshire; DEM: Although she came in third in Iowa, her main Rival Obama lost there also. Her organization is far stronger than Edwards' so she should coast to a comfortable victory and therefore clip Obama's wings for any flight in South Carolina.
In short; whatever the scenario, HIS HOLINESS PREDICTS THAT THE GOP NOMINEE WILL BE MITT ROMNEY AND THE DEM NOD WILL GO TO HILLARY. GOOD LUCK AMERICA!!!

Anonymous said...

yo pope totally off the mark on iowa

Anonymous said...

The pope was smoking dope!!!!

Anonymous said...

Re: forrest gump; His Holiness does not brag--but when all of the pundits called for a Barak landslide, I, with my education (via various Seminaries) was the ONLY ONE who called it correctly for Hillary!! God Bless!!!