Remimber him? The McGovern campaign had to dump this guy which doomed his already slim chance. It was a desperation choice after Ted et. al. turned him down. John McCain decided to throw a hail mary by picking Alaska Governor Sarah Palin which tells me doesn't think he can win the election. She may not even live through the convention.
Abstinence Only. It really works
Update: This was not a shot at Palin's daughter, I wish her the best, but it calls into question the judgement of her mother and the McCain campaign. How did they not know that this news would create a firestorm. There is a lot more coming out about Palin that suggests that she wasn't properly vetted.
* The news that Palin once backed the Bridge to Nowhere went national.
* It emerged that Palin has links to the bizarro Alaska Independence Party, which harbors the goal of seceding from the union that McCain and Palin seek to lead.
* The news broke that as governor, Palin relied on an earmark system she now opposes. Taken along with the Bridge to Nowhere stuff, this threatens to undercut her reformist image, something that was key to her selection as McCain's Veep candidate.
* It came out that Republican lawyers are up in Alaska vetting Palin -- now, more than 72 hours after it was announced that she'd been picked.
* Palin lawyered up in relation to the trooper-gate probe in Alaska -- a move that ensures far more serious attention to the story from the major news orgs.
Thanks to Judi for the cartoon.
3 hours ago