Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gene Fischi takes a well deserved retirement


I haven't been a fan of the Luzerne County early retirement schemes* but maybe this time it has done some good.
.
.
After all the fun and games that have gone on at the prison the last few years Fischi and Deputy Warden Sam Hyder asked for 5 year contracts that the prison board ignored. So he quit, good for him. I wasn't aware that senior county managers even had contracts. I was under the impression that the top administrators were "at will" employees of the Commissioners like all political appointees. Mr. Fischi is still a young man so I'm sure he will find another government position after he "retires" ala Bill Brace.



.
*The original "Life Transition Plan" in 2006 was supposed to save $2 million over 15 years by floating a bond to finance the plan that will cost $23 million over 15 years. I have yet to see an accounting or progress report that documents any money that has been saved. Another feature of this scheme was to hire back many of the people who took the golden parachute through a temp agency owned by PA-10th Congressional GOP candidate Chris Hackett who gave his first campaign contribution ever to the Democratic Luzerne County Commissioner candidates Vondy and Skrep.
.
I've been asking Chris Hackett for an interview but he has been reluctant. The last time I asked him about it he gave me the weather report for Hades. Saying I will get a sit down when the weather down there turns unseasonably cool. I thought our last chat went very well. He wants to debate Chris Carney but he won't debate Gort? I've also asked Carney for some time but his campaign has yet to get back to me. He won't debate Hackett and he won't debate Gort?
.
Well, not a debate, I would just like to ask them both some similar questions about budgets, spending and taxes. And a few other things.
.
Gene Fischi's greatest hits.
.
The Prison violated the county purchasing policy and possibly state law.
.
His Deputy, Sam Hyder, travels the world on the county dime and has not still payed back his personal expenses incurred during his visit to a strip club. Bad eyesite.
.
And we became a laughing stock of the country when Hugo Selenski used bed sheets to escape from the lockup on Water Street. It was a cliche from a bad old campy Movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the private sector you fire or lay-off your "dead-wood", at the Luzerne Conuty Courthouse they give them early retirement incentives.

Just how many of these packages are they going to offer?

Good luck trying to get Hackett talking, he should have the time seeing that he is only going to debate Carney once.

If hell does get a little chilly, ask him about "Susie", I'm wondering how she's doing these days, oh and ask him how the fund raising is going.

kevin

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Kevin .. Hackett has divided the party hard.. What a shame.
The loyal R's that I know refuse to support Hackett because he can't be trusted to tell the truth.. If he lies all through his campaign , can you imagine what he might do as congressman ?
I would rather an honest D than a dishonest R