Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bill Clinton is running late

I don't know how many times I heard that in the 92 and 96 campaigns.

CV: Officials at Coughlin now say former President Clinton's speech in Wilkes-Barre will be delayed. The event was scheduled for 3:45 p.m., but now officials say the doors will open at that time.

Dignitaries, including Mayor Tom Leighton, have begun to line up on the side of Coughlin to gain entrance to Clinton's speech. The line of people waiting to get in has backed up to Union Street.

Because of a prior commitment I can't make the event. This work thing gets in the way of a lot of stuff. If anybody out there is going please leave a report in the comments and email me any pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

clinton just stated that people did not know that their mortage rates would fluxuate. it only fluxes on adustable rate mortages and if some fool doesn't know what the fuck they signed then tough shit

liberal blow hard bullshitter, why doesn't he just stick w/monica

Anonymous said...

His Holiness was going to skip the event since I expected heavy rain and a long wait go get inside. After working at the Vatican I put Corbett on the radio and heard that there was still room at the event (around 4:15 p.m.). Drove the pope mobile downtown and was immediately awestruck at the absence of people outside of the school. All I saw were a few cops and some derelicts. The cops told me that since Clinton was already in the building that I could not be admitted. I looked around shaking my head at the near solitude atmosphere on Washington Street, the rain began falling again, I headed across towards the square for a beer and went home.

Anonymous said...

Can bet the Willy Meister was late because he was scoping out some women to accompany him to his next stop.