Sunday, March 30, 2008

Life, the universe, everything

There was a ton of political news today and there is no way I can write about it all.


I gave you the details about the Prez candidates coming to Wilkes-Barre but had to skip some other stories such as Skrep making more excuses on why the law wasn't followed.

Meuser and Hackett continue to rip into each other because there is almost no policy difference between them and they come acrross as parroting the usual Republican talking points. I haven't heard an original idea from either of them. The Times-Leader homepage has a video of the last debate. I don't know what is more fun, watching this or going to the dentist.

Swastika's were painted on the synagogue on S Franklin St. I hope they catch the sick F**ks that did that.

Another Kanjo nephew got a government grant but it's not clear if this was an earmark or went through the normal appropriation process.

And the Boback Duck made his debute.

I spent the day working around the yard and getting my tax information together. A few years ago I achieved one of my goals in life, I could no longer do my own taxes. Buying and selling stocks, the different treatment of dividends and depreciation of commercial property put the task out of my reach. I could buy turbotax and bone up on the IRS regulations but I don't have the time. Plus I like the idea of having someone (a CPA) who does it for a living looking over things .

As the sun set my bride's stomach started growling. Mrs. G had a bunch of Red Lobster gift cards from XMAS and drug me there. We had a great meal and the waitress was from Hazleton and said she graduated with the Obama girl. I told the waitress she was prettier and she was. Beauty is such a subjective thing. The most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life is my wife.

See you tomorrow.


2 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

Did you get tickets? Or a press pass? I hope so! We need a full report tomorrow!

Gort said...

I'm in. I had to work some people to get a press pass but I got them.