Thursday, May 11, 2006

Jim Spinola for State Rep


The 118th District includes parts of Luzerne County around Pittston and a part of Monroe County. Only 2 candidates have websites that I know of. That will change in the near future as campaigns realize that this is future of politics. My choice in the Republican primary is Jim Spinola, I haven't decided on the Democratic side. Mike Carrol has Tom Tigue's endorsement and has been all over TV. The other Democrats are ; Terry Best and James "Red" O’Brien, both of Pittston. The other Republicans are Art Bobbouine of Pittston and Maureen Tatu.

Jim has been a good friend to this site and is not afraid to mix it up in the comments. He gets it.

Here's his pitch:

The main thing I hope voters see is that I am the ONLY candidate in the 118th that is talking specifics. All the others make vague generalities about "reducing taxes, creating jobs, yadayadayada".

As you can see from my web site, I am the "Architect with a Plan!" I propose solutions to the issues not just name them.

Property Taxes = ELIMINATE by lowering sales tax to 5%, expand taxable items and give rebates to seniors and low-income families.

Economic Development = Invest federal grant money in technology infrastructure upgrades which will attract business, reduce commuting and increase family time.

Expand PACE Program = Redirect any future gaming money to PACE/PACENET programs to raise income thresholds making more seniors eligible.

Thanks for the opportunity to get the word out!

Jim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words Gort!

No agenda here, I'm just trying to do some good and I'm glad you see it.

Now tell about 2,000 friends :)