Thursday, May 18, 2006

A message from Dr. Rick

Dear Friends,

I have been asked by many more people than who I thought frequented the site why I gave up blogging and deleted the blog. The answer can be found below...

I would like to thank everyone who contributed in some way to the success of the ACU. Unfortunatly, due to the added pressure of finishing school only a year away and for future political reasons, I have decided to forego blogging. I knew this when things I wrote started to sound the same to me.

I will continue to read the local blogs and occasionally add a post or 2 but nothing like I used to. Hopefully, my ideas and thoughts will be remembered and will impact on future endeavours positively.

I know this may come as a shock to many, especially those of you who think I just like reading my own material or hearing myself talk, but I have toyed with this notion for some time. It was my intention to stop blogging whenever I was done helping out with the Stebbins campaign.

Hopefully, in the future I can have the support of the blog community when I decide to do whatever it is that I decide to do. But until then, It's been fun.

Thanks for your support and interest,

Rick

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

tear

Gort said...

Who will I argue with now?

Gort said...

Dr. Rick is fun!

Doctor Rick said...

Haha,...Am I going to have to come back like MJ?

Anonymous said...

try baseball first

Gort said...

Come back Rick!

Doctor Rick said...

ive been gone 2 days

Anonymous said...

2 days to many

D.B. Echo said...

Damn. Just when I can place a face to a blogger name, the blog is gone. I can only remember four faces from the Kentucky Derby get-together, and one of them was Dr. Rick's.

It's sadly ironic that plans for a future career in politics have put the kibosh on your current ability to express yourself in a political environment, but it's not the first time I've seen it happen. Good luck, Dr. Rick.

Anonymous said...

I'm angrier than Lisa Baker at a Jim Haggerty pig roast that the great fine young Conservative Dr. Rick is leaving the blogosphere. Thelma Jean and I used to enjoy logging in to his great site every morning; the good Doctor's writing was so brilliant that it felt as if he were in the kitchen with us having some of Thelma Jeans champion coffee and biscuits. Now, sadly all we are left with are Commies and heathens to read!!!

Good luck Doc, maybe some day you can come over for some of Thelma Jean's famous Owl Soup; or at least come back to the blogosphere! To HELL with all you LIBERAL COMMIES out there!!!!!

Doctor Rick said...

Mean old man. Perhaps the most comical of people who used to comment on the ACU. Thanks, youll see me again...

Anonymous said...

HIS HOLINESS WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND HIS BEST TO DR. RICK; GOOD LUCK IN ALL YOUR VENTURES AND KEEP TEMPTATION AT BAY. GOD'S BLESSING TO YOU AND ALL THE BLOGGERS.

LVDem said...

see, this is Rick contributing in his own way to improve the medial and health care industry. By focusing on his studies he will become a better nurse, helping doctors to better diagnos disease and illness. He will also not be as hyped up on coffee and sugar, meaning that he won't poke people in the wrong place or fall asleep while writing out charts. The long term benefit is that he will help to keep medical malpractice suits down, thereby keeping insurance rates down and keeping more doctors and nurses from declaring bankruptcy and saying they will leave the state.

Of course it could also mean that he's going to take his rants and vents out on the patients and their families.