Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Kathy Scott for Congress


I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the people of District 10 who voted for me, believed in me, and supported the need for changes in Washington. My gratitude also goes to my family and friends who gave me their continual love and support.

I am, of course, disappointed in the outcome of my race against the incumbent Don Sherwood for U.S. Congress, District 10. The election results, however, indicate it was a close battle, and I am proud that I ran an honest, low-budget campaign without taking any PAC or special interest money. It was a one-person campaign committee, with no staff to help. I hope I can serve as an inspiration to others to continue to fight for government accountability to the people, not to the money of special interest groups.

Campaigning door-to-door these past three months has been an incredible experience. I wish I could have gotten to more doors than the 3,000 I visited because I met so many wonderful, well-informed people who, like me, love our country but are worried about the direction it is headed.
What worries me is the large number of hard-working people who are struggling to make ends meet and whose problems and needs are not being addressed by our government. I hope that Don Sherwood and other members of Congress will take note and help this large un-represented group in our district and our country.

No comments: