Friday, November 17, 2006

Lehigh Valley blogs are fun

Even the local newspaper noticed.

Blogs: Less filters, more voices

Led by LVDem and Bernie O'Hare there has been an explosion of Allentown-Easton-Bethlehem bloggers that concentrate on local politics and other things. The combination of insight and comedy makes for a good read everyday. I was going to list the sites I visit but it's a long one and I'm sure I would miss someone. Plus I'm lazy.

The thrust of the story is that bloggers are changing the reporting of the news. There is an instant fact check on what is written in newspapers plus a sometimes rush to publish by bloggers that turns out to be wrong that the reporters refute. I think it's a healthy relationship. For all the doom and gloom written about the demise of newspapers because of the internet that's not going to happen. The big national blogs react to what is in the NY Times or the Washington Post as we react to the Morning Call, Times-Leader, Patriot News or Citizen Voice. We need each other.

To give you an idea how enlightened the Lehigh County blogosphere is I was named one of the Sexiest Men Alive, sort of.

Update: Happy blogoversary to LVDem.

1 comment:

Gort said...

Bill,

Mrs G says Hi and hopes to see you soon. I only made number 7 on the list but Mrs. G assures me I'm number 2 on hers. Right behind Kurt Russell?