Saturday, August 06, 2011

Idiot Watch

N.M. Mayor & Dem Rep Candidate: I Was Drunk When I Signed Contracts


Mexico border town mayor and congressional candidate Martin Resendiz was drunk when he signed nine contracts with a California company that is now suing the city for $1 million, according to a deposition in the case.

“The day I signed . I had way too much to drink. It was after 5 p.m. and I signed it (the contracts) and I didn’t know what I was signing,” Sunland Park, N.M., Mayor Martin Resendiz wrote in response to questions from lawyers for the architectural design firm Synthesis+. “My sister had to pick me up.”





According to the Mayor a few execs of the company got him shitfaced then he signed the contracts and a city councilman who was there (who was also blasted) backs up his story. The company disputes his version of events. Resendiz was in the running for the Democratic nomination to take on GOP Congessman Steve Pearce


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Former Pittston mayor Mike Lombardo can use this excuse for his burying the city in millions of dollars in debt.