Thursday, October 10, 2013

Kathy Dobash asks for your vote

From the inbox:
I have over 25 years of work experience educating and helping people.  I worked in the public school system, cared for my elderly mother and rejoined the work force as a therapeutic staff support worker assisting autistic children.  Currently I am employed as a Problem Solver for a major Fortune 500 company.

I have served the residents as a volunteer in my hometown of Hazleton with the Chamber of Commerce during annual community events.  I also served the residents across Luzerne County by volunteering many hours at the Luzerne County Emergency Management Agency during the 2006 and 2011 Flooding disasters.

I am writing to ask Luzerne County residents for their vote and support. With your help we can return trust and respect to County Government.  We deserve it.

You can vote for up to 5 County Council Candidates on Election Day.  I am asking for one of your votes.   I have worked hard to promote transparency in Luzerne County government. When Luzerne County Council first took office I requested the audio minutes from the meetings because the written approved minutes were edited. Also to promote openness I submitted a My Right to know request which revealed over 43,000 County Council emails were sent within 14 months.   Decisions and deliberations have gone on since January 2012 with the new council through email correspondence.

The Right-to-Know Law requires government agencies to provide access to public records and information.

The Sunshine Act requires official action and deliberations from a quorum of the members of an agency to be at a public meeting, unless the meeting is closed based on a permissible exception.

As a result of my efforts we now have County Council meetings on audio available on the website and County Council email correspondence posted starting on October 1, 2013.

I humbly request  your vote on Tuesday, November 5th.  Please vote for Kathy Dobash.


Sincerely,

Kathy Dobash
Candidate for Luzerne County Council

No comments: