Sunday, January 26, 2014

Melanie Madeira for State Rep

I usually don't wander north of the Maginot Line of Luzerne and Lackawanna as Tom Borthwick puts it but the 114th HD race just got interesting.

This is a bit of a surprise Melanie Madeira has entered the GOP primary to take on Democratic incumbent Sid Michaels Kavulich (Sid K) who was unopposed in 2012 and romped to victory against a guy named Derf in 2010.

It's hard to separate from her husband David who found a way to lose every election he ever contested. Dave now has a  radio show  and told me he was done running for office.

TL: “I strongly believe in the importance of an incumbent having a challenger every election. Anyone elected to represent the voters should have to be held accountable — good or bad — for their record.” She added that if she wins she would hope someone would challenger her every election, too.

“My campaign will be getting people to vote for me, not against Sid. I’m an issues person,” Madeira said.
“My platform is based on a quote from Samuel Adams, ‘It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people’s minds.’ I intend for my campaign to become a firebug,” she said.
“Voters are tired of platitudes and promises … what they want to hear is someone speaking the plain, old truth, and the truth is what lights those brushfires in people’s minds.”


Website

Melanie Madeira

http://www.melanieforpa.com/

Sid K

http://sidmichaels.com/



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unlike you who throws bombs from you computer (which for years was shrouded in anonymity) David, and now his wife, have the courage of conviction to actually try and do something.

KAR said...

Too true, Dave certainly doesn't throw any bombs,although he has managed to bomb a couple of times.

The past is prologue, so there is every indication that this campaign could be very interesting to watch.

I wonder how many of the old gang will surface to support Missus M.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

She's pretty good looking.. Got my vote.