Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hugo Selinski


The only news that came out of the Nancy Grace story on Headline News is that the DA's office will seek the death penalty. So if he is convicted we will be reminded of this every time his appeal is heard. And the way our legal system works it may take 20 years to work through it.

Sometimes I think our legal system is so stupid. Sure, many people deserve the death penalty. But by the time you get to it you have put everyone involved through countless appeals and reliving the horrible events. Lock them up and throw away the key.

And every once in a while you find out that someone was wrongly convicted. The state should not execute people.

Last night Nancy Grace didn't have a clue about this case. She inflated the body count and obsessed out the twist ties that the prosecution said was used to commit the crime.

2 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

That was the most amazing thing about the show last night, which I watched with one ear while paying bills. Nancy Grace hadn't even done the 5 minutes worth of work it would have taken to get up to speed on the basic facts of the case. But, hey, she's just about attitude, not substance.

Anonymous said...

That was the worst way to spend an hour when I could have been studying for my pharmacy law exam (my LAST step before I become licensed!). And she's supposed to be a lawyer? I think her ramblings (and poor mathematical skills) set professional women back a few years. I'm not sure of the last time she was actually involved in a case, but it seems like she forgot how the judicial system works. I couldn't help myself, I sent her my comments. Let's see what, if anything, I hear back.

I know my views on Hugo differ from most others on here. I did not make my message to her just about him. It was more on the comments she made about the jury and what things she or the junior DA left out. If you wanna know what I wrote, I can post it, just let me know.